halloween time movies

Tuesday, October 10, 2017


It's finally October, my favorite time of the year. 
I get to fill my room with halloween decor, spoopy orange lights and fall-scented candles. I can't wait to bake so many halloween themed goodies, and go to haunted houses. 

Anyways, I know I've lacked with the monthly movies for the past 3 months. yikes. 
But I honestly didn't watch that many new movies in those months.. which is really disappointing to me. I dunno what happened. Oh wait yeah I do; I got super distracted with other shit, ha. 
I really only saw movies in theaters, some being free screenings. I might just do a post with all the movies of those past months combined.

Either way, for this post, since Halloween is in 21 days, I wanted to do a list of movies I personally enjoy watching during this time. Most of these movies are family-friendly. Ya know, the good nostalgic shit we watched back when we were hella younger. The oldies that never actually get old. Again, it's just my personal list. I'm not saying all the movies on here are super great or anything haha. I just really love watching them this month.
they're in no specific order, I'm just going to categorize them.

THE CLASSICS
beetlejuice (1988)
gotta have some beetlejuice! beetlejuice! beetlejuice!

the addams family (1991)
might dress up as a homicidal maniac; they look just like everyone else

hocus pocus (1993)
this is most definitely my favorite movie to watch during halloween time. and it was released during my birth year so ayeee, we've been around the same time.

casper (1995)
shit, who doesn't want troublemaker ghosts hanging out 24/7?

+ casper meets wendy (1998)
not as great as Casper, but I'm a huge fan of Hilary Duff so of course I'mma watch it lol

the craft (1996)

we are the weirdos, mister

tower or terror (1997)
this was creepy watching as a child, okay

the little vampire (2000)
being a vampire has its privileges

harry potter and the sorcerer's stone (2001)
it's harry potter okay

THE ANIMATED GOODIES
kiki's delivery service (1989)
this technically isn't a very "halloween-esque" vibe type of movie, but Kiki is a witch and i just love this movie haha


the nightmare before christmas (1993)

Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

corpse bride (2005)
what a story it is. a tragic tale of romance, passion and murder most foul

coraline (2009)
let's count all the blue items

paranorman (2012)
I don't have boobs, these are pectorals

hotel transylvania (2012)
check it out, I'm a frankenhomie!
(the sequel is just as cute)

monster house (2006) & frankenweenie (2012)
i actually haven't seen these two movies, but I do want to see them this month. they look just as great and aesthetically pleasing as the rest.

OTHER NOSTALGIC/DISNEY GOODIES
halloweentown (1998)halloweentown ii: kalabar's revenge (2001)
halloweentown high (2004)
man these three are self-explanatory. most of us have grown up watching these on disney channel every halloween. But forget that last one they released. That one sucked and they changed actresses, smh.

scooby doo (2002) + scooby doo 2 (2004)
i love me some scooby dooby doooooo

twitches (2005)
twin witches! twwiiittches!

THE ZOMBIE GOODIES
(you should know i love getting my zombie fill all year round)

shaun of the dead (2004)
zombieland (2009)
world war z (2013)
this is the only one that isn't comedic on this list, lol. it's also one of my favorites and i'm just dying for the sequel to come out.

scouts vs. zombies (2015)
I feel like this one is prolly under appreciated. I love it and it cracks me up every time.


THE FOREIGN GOODIES
pan's labyrinth (2006)
I just love the grotesque visuals in this movie

let the right one in (2008)

another vampire movie that's quite amazing. the characters are so beautifully developed. and there's a cute story about friendship and love in this movie, as well as gore and wonderful visuals.

YOU NEED GUILTY PLEASURES
cabin in the woods (2011)
lmao this movie is so ridic, I just, I need to get those good laughs

horns (2013)
okay I know this movie sucks lol. I will admit it's not the best; the dialogue can get pretty cringy. BUT, I absolutely love the novel that it's based on (check it out). And honestly, the cinematography in this movie is really nice; i love the visuals and i love watching it even with its flaws. And I love Dan taking on such a different role haha.


& LASTLY
final destination + saw film series
these are just classics really. I mean they both love exploring new ways of killing off unimportant characters

what are your must-watch halloweeenie/october movies?¿


You Might Also Like

0 comments